SBA's 2018 Economic Development Highlights
Throughout 2018 the Schaumburg Business Association made a committed effort to the economic development and growth of the Schaumburg region. With a focus on broadening our relationships and adding value to our businesses the SBA was able to partner in the retention and expansion of Schaumburg’s workforce by over 300 jobs. As we transition into 2019, the SBA wanted to highlight some of the incredible accomplishments and feature the broader impact that the SBA had on local, state, and international commerce:
- Joined the CORE IL Management Committee to provide direction and guidance for the State of Illinois’ Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) program
- Established the Schaumburg Industry Council program to support businesses in manufacturing, technology, and corporate operations to understand the specific challenges to job growth
- Completed the Federal Reserve Banking Systems Small Business Credit Survey to better understand the challenges for small business growth.
- SBA will be receiving a customized Report of Findings from this survey data in 2019.
- Boosted the reach and connectivity of the SBA’s online Jobs Board by linking it with over 75 regional workforce partners that are actively assisting the SBA in filling open positions
- Attended the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) tradeshow and met with four (4) prospective businesses looking to place job investment in Schaumburg’s economy
- Officially hosted one (1) prospect from IMTS on a two-day long site tour of the Schaumburg economy
- Hosted the first annual Industry Appreciation Night at the Schaumburg Boomers game recognizing the economic impact of Schaumburg’s small businesses
- Strengthened Schaumburg’s unique relationship with the Japanese Consul-General in August at Schaumburg Boomers game to emphasis the economic ties between Schaumburg and Japan
- Welcomed United States Congressman Krishnamoorthi (Il-8th) on an update to the SBA membership on the policy successes of the 115th Congress including the successful passage of the Congressman’s skills-based education and training efforts.
- Recognized through formal proclamation by Cook County Board of Commissioners for our efforts to strengthen the manufacturing sector of Schaumburg and Cook County
- Primary planning organization for his excellency, Japanese Ambassador, Shinsuke Sugiyma, during his first official visit to the State of Illinois
As we prepare for 2019, the Schaumburg Business Association is excited to continue our focus on the economic well being and position of Schaumburg. With plans to enhance the existing relationships and expand the programs that will facilitate job creation and a competitive business climate the SBA’s economic development program looks forward to even more highlights, successes and growth next year.
Posted on Dec, 26
by Kyle T Schulz filed under