SCHAUMBURG BUSINESS ASSOCIATION POSITION PROFILE
POSITION: Member Services Assistant
REPORTS TO: President
Reporting directly to the Schaumburg Business Association President, the Member Services Assistant provides the following services to the SBA in a key professional staff position:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Membership Development
- Manage SBA Database; Regularly update and maintain member and prospect records
- Respond to member requests for information and assistance
- Assemble membership sales packets, and welcome packages
- Support and manage attendance building and registration for all monthly and signature SBA events.
- Assistance in event planning and strategy for all monthly and signature events.
- Enter and manage registrations via phone, email and online.
- Manage member contacts email distribution list, and lead the office on membership software updates
- Maintain and update SBA shared drive and filing systems both virtual and traditional
- Manage social media, including the SBA LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest pages.
- Answer phones/greet guests
- Mail distribution
- SBA Errands
- Refreshment and cleaning supply management
- Manage office supplies
- Manage Outlook calendar
- Assist on accounting, A/P & A/R with Accounting Manager
- Assist in attendance and record minutes for all Board meetings
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Event Management, Marketing, Political Science or other related field
2 years experience working with customer service.
Computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Internet, and database software
Excellent communications skills (Written and Verbal) and effective customer service skills
Professional demeanor, representing the organization with enthusiasm, political astuteness, professionalism, and image
Strong organizational & multi-tasking capabilities; ability to lead & manage volunteers and committees
Attention to detail; time and project management skills, ability to meet deadlines with professionalism and accuracy, and high degree of self-motivation
Ability to develop administrative controls and process improvements
Ability to work independently and exercise tact in a nonprofit environment
A cooperative attitude in a supportive work environment
ABOUT THE SBA
The Schaumburg Business Association was formed in 2001 to represent the needs of businesses in Schaumburg, Illinois. With 540 members, the association is dedicated to enhancing the overall quality of life and economic vitality of the Schaumburg Area. The SBA advocates for the business community and provides world-class signature events and programs, specialized networking and educational opportunities, and legislative advocacy for its members. www.SchaumburgBusiness.com
The statements in this position profile are intended to represent
the key duties and level of work being performed;
they are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the position.
Posted on Mar, 11
by Links Technology